I will discuss with you how the endangered species day is celebrated. Almost all species in the world are on the verge of extinction. The different species we see are no longer seen or found. It is often seen that all these animals are getting lost due to environmental reasons. This day is celebrated to protect all species from threats.
A table in Australia shows that hundreds of animals and plants have become extinct in the last 200 years. We noticed that Australia was home to over 500,000 plants and animals. Most of which are no longer found. Also, about 1,000 animals and plants are still under threat in NSW.
Many of us know that the Tasmanian tiger died at the Hobart Zoo in 1936 on the night of September. Since then, the species has become extinct after the death of this animal. So far no species has been found to reproduce this animal.
When is Threatened Species Day 2023
This is Celebrate 17th Annual Endangered Species Day on May 21st, 2023.
The country observed a day of mourning on September 7, 1996, after the death of the Tasmanian tiger. That’s where the Threatened Species Day begins. Since then everyone has been celebrating this day. On the other hand, everyone is keeping an eye on animals and plants.
Animal and plant education is provided in various schools and colleges in Australia. They continue to study how to protect animals and plants from threats. More, they want animals and plants to adapt to the environment. It has become a challenge for them that climate change does not create any problems in the animal kingdom.
National Endangered Species Day Quotes
- “We all have a responsibility to protect endangered species, both for their sake and for the sake of our own future generations…”—Loretta Lynch
- “The continued existence of wildlife and wilderness is important to the quality of life of humans …”— Jim Fowler
- “Each species is a masterpiece, a creation assembled with extreme care and genius…” — E. O. Wilson
- “The real wealth of the Nation lies in the resources of the earth – soil, water, forests, minerals, and wildlife…” — Rachel Carson
- “We don’t own the planet Earth; we belong to it. And we must share it with our wildlife…” — Steve Irwin
- “Workable solutions for Earth are urgently needed. Saving seals and tigers, or fighting yet another oil pipeline through a wilderness area, while laudable, is merely shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic…” – Lawrence Anthony
- “Conserving habitats is a wellspring for the next industrial revolution…”—Janine Benyus
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better…”— Albert Einstein
Let us all protect animals and plants from threats out of our own sense of responsibility. Through this day we will let everyone know how to protect the animal world. We will also create a beautiful environment around our home.
Let’s all work together to balance our environment. Thank you for visiting our website.